Ok, things are moving now, small steps are being taken and my eyes are opening.
Looking back at my last post, my next challenge is to look at the stuff that currently makes me feel good, but I know is almost totally worthless and not moving towards any worthwhile goals.
Here’s a brief list (in no particular order):
- Eating shit food
- Drinking beer
- Playing video games + mobile games
- Reading tons of fantasy / sci-fi novels
For whatever reasons, I’ve never been big into porn, smoking, drugs, high alcohol drinks, movies or series, chocolate etc. Maybe I’m lucky, maybe it’s just enabled me to channel my self-worth into other things e.g. video games mainly.
Other detrimental activities
- Not getting enough sleep
- Not planning, measuring or goal setting
- Avoid important stuff (if I don’t think about it, I don’t need to worry)
- Not working my body / staying fit
- Allowing house to be messy
- Not socialising / taking social risks
- Falling intro debt / lack of financial control
- Poor relationship management with family, wife and kids
- Ambivalence + lack of effort at work
Ultimately, it doesn’t take a genius to see that the key to all of these things ( exercising regularly, losing weight, being more productive, and achieving success) is through the development of good habits.
Set some specific actions to help me break poor habits and start to develop strong and productive habits.
Understand my motivations and set some clear goals for my life.